Ethan Slater as Jack Spriggins and Leigh Anna Fry as The Hen What Lays the Golden Eggs. Photo courtesy 1st Stage.
About the author
Mark Beachy is the founder and publisher emeritus of the MD Theatre Guide. Before starting the MD Theatre Guide, Beachy was a theatre professional. On stage, film, and TV, he enjoyed a career in acting, singing, dancing, violin, figure skating, and even magic. Behind the scenes, Beachy has been a producer, director, choreographer, and an award-winning playwright/composer of seven musicals, including most notably, "'Bout Baltimore," winner of the 1997 Pumpkin Theatre and ABC News Channel 2 Baltimore Bicentennial Playwriting Contest. His true passion lies with the performing arts, no matter what role he may play on and off the stage. Through the MD Theatre Guide, he brings awareness to the areas up-and-coming performing arts productions.
- Theatre Review: ‘The Wiz’ at the Hippodrome Theatre
- Theatre Review: ‘Communicating Doors’ presented by Rockville Little Theatre at F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre
- ‘A Quick 5’ with Konstantin Heidrich, Cellist with the Fauré Quartett at Candlelight Concert Series
- Theatre Review: ‘Anastasia: The Musical’ by Children’s Playhouse of Maryland in residence at CCBC Essex
- Theatre Review: ‘Dishwasher 2: I Pay You’ at Brian Feldman’s Apartment