About the author
Mark Beachy is the founder and publisher emeritus of the MD Theatre Guide. Before starting the MD Theatre Guide, Beachy was a theatre professional. On stage, film, and TV, he enjoyed a career in acting, singing, dancing, violin, figure skating, and even magic. Behind the scenes, Beachy has been a producer, director, choreographer, and an award-winning playwright/composer of seven musicals, including most notably, "'Bout Baltimore," winner of the 1997 Pumpkin Theatre and ABC News Channel 2 Baltimore Bicentennial Playwriting Contest. His true passion lies with the performing arts, no matter what role he may play on and off the stage. Through the MD Theatre Guide, he brings awareness to the areas up-and-coming performing arts productions.
- Theatre Review: ‘Clue: The Musical’ at Arts on the Green, in partnership with The Montgomery Playhouse
- Theatre Review: ‘My Son the Waiter: A Jewish Tragedy’ at Theater J
- Theatre Review: ‘Sister Act’ at Columbia Center for Theatrical Arts
- Theatre Review: ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ presented by Newtowne Players in collaboration with Historic St. Mary’s City
- Theatre Review: ‘Spamalot’ at Toby’s Dinner Theatre