About the author
Mark Beachy is the founder and publisher emeritus of the MD Theatre Guide. Before starting the MD Theatre Guide, Beachy was a theatre professional. On stage, film, and TV, he enjoyed a career in acting, singing, dancing, violin, figure skating, and even magic. Behind the scenes, Beachy has been a producer, director, choreographer, and an award-winning playwright/composer of seven musicals, including most notably, "'Bout Baltimore," winner of the 1997 Pumpkin Theatre and ABC News Channel 2 Baltimore Bicentennial Playwriting Contest. His true passion lies with the performing arts, no matter what role he may play on and off the stage. Through the MD Theatre Guide, he brings awareness to the areas up-and-coming performing arts productions.
- ‘A Quick Five’ with Laley Lippard, Director of ‘In the Middle of the Fields’ at Solas Nua
- Theatre Review: ‘2.5 Minute Ride,’ Studio Theatre
- Theatre Review: ‘Serious Adverse Effects’ presented by Rapid Lemon Productions
- NEWS: Virginia Opera Announces 2021-2022 Season Plans
- NEWS: Strathmore Announces New Open-Air Summer Concert Series