About the author
Mark Beachy is the founder and publisher emeritus of the MD Theatre Guide. Before starting the MD Theatre Guide, Beachy was a theatre professional. On stage, film, and TV, he enjoyed a career in acting, singing, dancing, violin, figure skating, and even magic. Behind the scenes, Beachy has been a producer, director, choreographer, and an award-winning playwright/composer of seven musicals, including most notably, "'Bout Baltimore," winner of the 1997 Pumpkin Theatre and ABC News Channel 2 Baltimore Bicentennial Playwriting Contest. His true passion lies with the performing arts, no matter what role he may play on and off the stage. Through the MD Theatre Guide, he brings awareness to the areas up-and-coming performing arts productions.
- Theatre Review: ‘Dorothy’s Dictionary’ at Washington Stage Guild
- Theatre Review: ‘As You Like It’ at Chesapeake Shakespeare Company
- ‘A Quick 5’ with Black Choreographers Festival (at the Creative Alliance) Co-Founders Shianne Antoine and Camille Weanquoi
- Theatre News: Washington County Playhouse Dinner Theater Announces Its 40th Season in 2024
- Theatre Review: ‘The Wiz’ at the Hippodrome Theatre