About the author
Joel Markowitz is a regular guest on The Lunch and Judy Show radio program starring Judy Stadt on Positive World Radio Network, which can also be heard on WTBQ 1110 AM in NYC. Joel founded The Ushers Theatre Going Group in the DC area in 1990, and co-organizes Broadway Bound Meetup. He wrote a column for 5 years called ‘Theatre Schmooze’ and recorded podcast interviews for DC Theatre Scene. Joel also writes a monthly preview of what's about to open in DC area theatres for BroadwayWorld. His work can also be seen and heard in "Columns" and "Podcast" on BroadwayStars.
- Theatre Review: ‘A Musical!’ presented by Howard Community College’s Theatre Program
- Review: ‘GMCW Turns 40’ by Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington, DC
- ‘A Quick 5’ with Ann Turiano and Makeima Freeland, co-founders of the new Baltimore theatre company, Sisters Freehold
- News: Children’s Theatre of Annapolis Resumes Live Productions with ‘Frozen Jr.’
- Theatre Review: “Working” presented by Port Tobacco Players