Bryan Daniels and cast members of ‘Smokey Joe’s Cafe.’ Photo by Kirstine Christiansen.
About the author
Mark Beachy is the founder and publisher emeritus of the MD Theatre Guide. Before starting the MD Theatre Guide, Beachy was a theatre professional. On stage, film, and TV, he enjoyed a career in acting, singing, dancing, violin, figure skating, and even magic. Behind the scenes, Beachy has been a producer, director, choreographer, and an award-winning playwright/composer of seven musicals, including most notably, "'Bout Baltimore," winner of the 1997 Pumpkin Theatre and ABC News Channel 2 Baltimore Bicentennial Playwriting Contest. His true passion lies with the performing arts, no matter what role he may play on and off the stage. Through the MD Theatre Guide, he brings awareness to the areas up-and-coming performing arts productions.
- Theatre Review: ‘Our Town’ at Baltimore Center Stage
- Theatre Review: ‘Dinner and Cake,’ a Heartfelt Feast at Everyman Theatre
- Theatre Review: ‘Nine Night’ at Round House Theatre
- ‘A Quick 5’ with Piotr Gajewski, Conductor and Musical Director of the National Philharmonic
- Dance Review: The Washington Ballet performs a stirring tribute to Balanchine at Wolf Trap Park for the Performing Arts