About the author
Robert Michael Oliver
An educator, playwright, theatre artist, and poet, Robert Michael Oliver has lived an eclectic life since moving to Washington 30 years ago after earning his MFA in Directing from Virginia Tech. Co-founder of DC’s Sanctuary Theatre, Michael served as its artistic director through the early 1990s. He then worked at The New School of Northern Virginia as High School Director and Director of its theatre program. Now, with both his children independent, young adults, and after earning his doctorate in Theatre and Performance Studies at the University of Maryland in 2005, he has recommitted himself to the arts. In 2010 he began the Sanctuary’s Performing Knowledge Project. Its one-man show, “Embodying Poe: Poetry in Performance,” which Michael wrote and performed, premiered at the 2011 Capital Fringe Festival. A long time participant in Washington’s theatre scene, he was delighted to be the Editor, DC Metro area for the Maryland Theatre Guide for a few years.
- News: Round House Theatre Announces 2023-2024 Season
- News: Baltimore Center Stage Announces 2023/24 Mainstage Season
- Theatre Review: ‘Singin’ In The Rain’ at The Arlington Players
- Cappies Review: ‘Anastasia: The Musical’ at Quince Orchard High School
- Theatre Review: ‘Consecrated Ground’ at Laurel Mill Playhouse