About the author
Mark Beachy is the founder and publisher emeritus of the MD Theatre Guide. Before starting the MD Theatre Guide, Beachy was a theatre professional. On stage, film, and TV, he enjoyed a career in acting, singing, dancing, violin, figure skating, and even magic. Behind the scenes, Beachy has been a producer, director, choreographer, and an award-winning playwright/composer of seven musicals, including most notably, "'Bout Baltimore," winner of the 1997 Pumpkin Theatre and ABC News Channel 2 Baltimore Bicentennial Playwriting Contest. His true passion lies with the performing arts, no matter what role he may play on and off the stage. Through the MD Theatre Guide, he brings awareness to the areas up-and-coming performing arts productions.
- ‘A Quick 5’ with Sheldon Epps, Acclaimed Director, Artistic Director, and Senior Artistic Advisor at Ford’s Theatre, Publishes Memoir
- News: Anacostia Playhouse Announces 2022-23 Season 10: We are Family!
- News: Cumberland Theatre Announces 35th Anniversary Season
- News: GALA Film Festival: Latin American Innovation
- Theatre Review: ‘It’s a Wonderful Life: The Musical’ at Toby’s Dinner Theatre