About the author
Mark Beachy is the founder and publisher emeritus of the MD Theatre Guide. Before starting the MD Theatre Guide, Beachy was a theatre professional. On stage, film, and TV, he enjoyed a career in acting, singing, dancing, violin, figure skating, and even magic. Behind the scenes, Beachy has been a producer, director, choreographer, and an award-winning playwright/composer of seven musicals, including most notably, "'Bout Baltimore," winner of the 1997 Pumpkin Theatre and ABC News Channel 2 Baltimore Bicentennial Playwriting Contest. His true passion lies with the performing arts, no matter what role he may play on and off the stage. Through the MD Theatre Guide, he brings awareness to the areas up-and-coming performing arts productions.
- Theatre Review: August Wilson’s ‘How I Learned What I Learned’ at Avant Bard Theatre
- News: The 44th Kennedy Center Honorees Celebrated at the Honors Gala, December 5, 2021
- Concert Review: ‘An Evening with André De Shields’ with the BSO at the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
- Theatre Review: ‘Tootsie’ at the Hippodrome Theatre at the France-Merrick Performing Arts Center
- Dance News: Seasonal Ballet Helps Everyone Make the Leap into a Holiday Mood