About the author
Mark Beachy is the founder and publisher emeritus of the MD Theatre Guide. Before starting the MD Theatre Guide, Beachy was a theatre professional. On stage, film, and TV, he enjoyed a career in acting, singing, dancing, violin, figure skating, and even magic. Behind the scenes, Beachy has been a producer, director, choreographer, and an award-winning playwright/composer of seven musicals, including most notably, "'Bout Baltimore," winner of the 1997 Pumpkin Theatre and ABC News Channel 2 Baltimore Bicentennial Playwriting Contest. His true passion lies with the performing arts, no matter what role he may play on and off the stage. Through the MD Theatre Guide, he brings awareness to the areas up-and-coming performing arts productions.
- News: Teen Musical/Opera Expands Job Training and SEL Program Nationally, Dance & Bmore presents ‘Voices of Carmen’
- News: Spooky Action Theater 2021/2022 Season Announcement
- News: Adventure Theatre Announces 70th Anniversary Season: Unexpected Connections
- Theatre Review: ‘A Play for the Living in a Time of Extinction’ presented by Baltimore Center Stage
- News: Arena Stage at The Mead Center for American Theater Announces Company’s 2021/22 Season