WNO’s “Dead Man Walking”
About the author
Jacqueline Melendez, a mezzo soprano from northern New Jersey, now living in the Washington D.C. area, obtained her BA in Music from Eastern University (St. Davids, PA) and her MA in Vocal Performance from Montclair State University (Montclair, NJ). Jacqueline has sung in many concerts and has performed many operatic roles including Hansel in Hansel and Gretel, La Zelatrice in Suor Angelica, Seibel in Faust, Miss Wordsworth in Albert Herring, Fanny in La cambiale di matrimonio, and Prince Orlofsky in Die Fledermaus. She currently is a voice and piano teacher at the International School of Music in Bethesda, MD and continues her vocal studies with Argentinian soprano Fabiana Bravo.
- Theatre Review: ‘A Christmas Carol’ at Chesapeake Shakespeare Company
- Theatre Review: ‘An Irish Carol’ at The Keegan Theatre
- Theatre Review: ‘Cinderella’ presented by ArtsCentric at Baltimore Center Stage
- Dance Review: Dorrance Dance’s ‘The Nutcracker Suite’* at The Kennedy Center
- Opera Review: ‘The Promised End’ at Source Theatre