About the author
Mark Beachy is the founder and publisher emeritus of the MD Theatre Guide. Before starting the MD Theatre Guide, Beachy was a theatre professional. On stage, film, and TV, he enjoyed a career in acting, singing, dancing, violin, figure skating, and even magic. Behind the scenes, Beachy has been a producer, director, choreographer, and an award-winning playwright/composer of seven musicals, including most notably, "'Bout Baltimore," winner of the 1997 Pumpkin Theatre and ABC News Channel 2 Baltimore Bicentennial Playwriting Contest. His true passion lies with the performing arts, no matter what role he may play on and off the stage. Through the MD Theatre Guide, he brings awareness to the areas up-and-coming performing arts productions.
- News: Candlelight Concert Society Celebrates 50 Years During 2022-2023 Season
- News: Signature Theatre Announces 2022-2023 Season
- ‘A Quick 5’ with John Monsky, Creator, Writer, and Narrator of ‘The Eyes of the World: From D-Day to VE Day’ at Kennedy Center
- News: Artistic Director Adam Immerwahr Departing Theater J and the JCC
- News: Winners Announced for the National Theatre’s Inaugural Brandon Victor Dixon Awards