Maryland’s original ten-minute play festival held its annual kick-off party February 8th at Motor House in Baltimore. At the event, artists of every stripe got together to explore this year’s Variations Project theme – Vision – and generated a variety of topic prompts and source material for area writers to consider. These materials are now available for viewing, at http://www.rapidlemon.com/vision.
Local playwrights of all experience levels are invited to participate by reviewing the source material, then writing and submitting a ten-minute play. The deadline is March 31.
During the month of April, readings of submissions will be held, with the authors present to receive feedback and opportunities to make revisions before final selections are made.
A group of approximately nine to twelve plays will be chosen for production and announced on April 26. The stage production will appear at Motor House June 19-28. A second group of plays will also be presented, as staged readings during that time.
- Submissions must be newly written for the purpose of the project
- No more than two submissions per author
- Playwrights are required to participate in person at submission readings
- Submissions should be no longer than ten minutes reading time (about 1500 words)
- Submissions must be emailed to VariationsProject@gmail.com no later than 11:59 p.m. on March 31.
Additional information is available at http://www.rapidlemon.com/variations-project.