Starting June 1, we’re changing our name to Classic Theatre of Maryland to reflect our vision to be THE destination for the classics in the State of Maryland. We’re going live this summer in the theater with original cabarets and a fresh, outdoor production of Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer’s Night Dream” at an exciting, new location.
Our new name reflects our growth since 2013 and our vision for the future.
- We are now so much more than Shakespeare. Our 170+ productions a year include a wide range of classic plays, musical and cabarets.
- Our reach has expanded, and now draws patrons from all over the mid-Atlantic region.
- We have received strong financial support not only from the Annapolis arts community, but also from the Anne Arundel County and Maryland State Arts Councils.
- Our community programs have expanded to include Internships through AACPS, partnerships with local arts groups like the Unified Jazz Ensemble, work with area private and special needs schools, Historic Londontowne, Reynold’s Tavern, Ginger Cove and an on-going partnership with Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation and Parks.
Despite COVID guidelines and Actor’s Equity constraints during the shutdown, we have invested for our long-term continuity:
- We produced a full season of theater and musicals for online streaming to paying patrons.
- We have boldly reimagined our cabaret space with a dazzling, one-of-a-kind design by Maya Wildberger.
- We have been sustained by our patrons, our donors, and grants from the county and state.
- We will inaugurate a brand new outdoor venue for our summer Shakespeare Production at the beautiful Gresham Estate in Edgewater.
May things remain the same since we last saw you, including:
- Our commitment to original, high-quality professional productions
- Our year-round performance schedule including Main Stage, Cabaret, and Outdoor shows
- Comfortable, safe performance venues at our theater at West Street and Admiral Drive
- Free, on-site parking and full bar at all performances
We cannot wait to see you back in our theater and outdoors at the Gresham Estate this summer! Click here
for more information.