September 8 and 9 at 7 pm and September 10 at 2pm
“Every four years it emerges,
Politicians get Primary Urges.
They believe that they’re hot,
Though the polls say they’re not.
Raw ambition from reason diverges.”
So begins Capitol Comedy’s latest show, “Take My Candidate…Please!” Opening on Friday, September 8, 2023 at the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre in Rockville, MD, after a successful national tour in 2022-23, the troupe somehow manages to produce laughter and good cheer from a 2024 Presidential race that many Americans are anticipating with dread. Among the musical numbers in the new show:
- President Biden explaining what he does each day “To Keep My Brain Alive” and singing a discord duet with Vladimir Putin on their “Mutual Annihilation Society.”
- Speaker Kevin McCarthy bemoaning the problems of managing his “raucous caucus” and shape-shifting colleague, George Santos.
- Supreme Court Justice Alito celebrating the Court’s freedom from ethical guidelines.
- Representative AOC lamenting effects of climate change in “Smoke Gets In Your Skies.”
- Elon Musk and Kim Kardashian proclaiming you can never be too rich or too thin in “The Ozempic Polka.”
- A speechwriter for Biden giving up his job to pursue fame and fortune with an AI chatbot named “Algo Rithm.” (“I Got Rithm”)
- A frustrated mother imploring her husband to “Keep Your Politics Out” of their home and her grown children to “Give Us Grandkids!”
Interspersed with the musical numbers are sketches involving:
- Calls to a Florida 911 operator from an abducted Governor DeSantis and a citizen who stumbles on roadside boxes containing Top Secret memos.
- Helpful suggestions on what EV owners might do while waiting for their car batteries to recharge.
- A “get-out-the-vote” activist’s encounter with a grumpy non-voter.
- The always popular “This Just In’ news updates.
After seeing “Take My Candidate…Please!” you will agree with the audience member who opined, “I never imagined politics could be as much fun as Capitol Comedy makes it.”
Tickets: $40 Adults | $30 Seniors (65+) | $25 Students & Children
Group pricing available – Call the Box Office for more information
Scott Fitzgerald Theatre, 603 Edmonston Dr., Rockville, MD, 20851. Box Office: Call 240-314-8690; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or go online for more information and tickets.