About the author
Mark Beachy is the founder and publisher emeritus of the MD Theatre Guide. Before starting the MD Theatre Guide, Beachy was a theatre professional. On stage, film, and TV, he enjoyed a career in acting, singing, dancing, violin, figure skating, and even magic. Behind the scenes, Beachy has been a producer, director, choreographer, and an award-winning playwright/composer of seven musicals, including most notably, "'Bout Baltimore," winner of the 1997 Pumpkin Theatre and ABC News Channel 2 Baltimore Bicentennial Playwriting Contest. His true passion lies with the performing arts, no matter what role he may play on and off the stage. Through the MD Theatre Guide, he brings awareness to the areas up-and-coming performing arts productions.
- Theatre Review: ‘The Trip to Bountiful’ at Ford’s Theatre
- Concert Review: ‘ARTS by George!’ Benefit with Kristin Chenoweth at George Mason University’s Center for the Arts Concert Hall
- Theatre Review: ‘Hoodoo Love’ at Spotlighters Theatre
- ‘A Quick 5’ with Mark Steinberg, Violinist with the Brentano String Quartet, performing at Candlelight Concert Society
- Theatre Review: ‘Heroes of the Fourth Turning’ at Studio Theatre