About the author
Mark Beachy is the founder and publisher emeritus of the MD Theatre Guide. Before starting the MD Theatre Guide, Beachy was a theatre professional. On stage, film, and TV, he enjoyed a career in acting, singing, dancing, violin, figure skating, and even magic. Behind the scenes, Beachy has been a producer, director, choreographer, and an award-winning playwright/composer of seven musicals, including most notably, "'Bout Baltimore," winner of the 1997 Pumpkin Theatre and ABC News Channel 2 Baltimore Bicentennial Playwriting Contest. His true passion lies with the performing arts, no matter what role he may play on and off the stage. Through the MD Theatre Guide, he brings awareness to the areas up-and-coming performing arts productions.
- Theatre Review: ‘Baño de Luna’ (‘Bathing in Moonlight’) at GALA Hispanic Theatre
- Theatre News: The Charm City Fringe Festival Returns to Baltimore, Promises a Joyous Reunion for the Performing Arts Community
- Music News: Annapolis Baygrass Music Festival Returns to Sandy Point State Park This Weekend
- Theatre Review: ‘2023 One-Act Festival’ at Silver Spring Stage
- ‘A Quick 5’ with Alex Campbell, Director of ‘The Play That Goes Wrong’ at Laurel Mill Playhouse