About the author
Mark Beachy is the founder and publisher emeritus of the MD Theatre Guide. Before starting the MD Theatre Guide, Beachy was a theatre professional. On stage, film, and TV, he enjoyed a career in acting, singing, dancing, violin, figure skating, and even magic. Behind the scenes, Beachy has been a producer, director, choreographer, and an award-winning playwright/composer of seven musicals, including most notably, "'Bout Baltimore," winner of the 1997 Pumpkin Theatre and ABC News Channel 2 Baltimore Bicentennial Playwriting Contest. His true passion lies with the performing arts, no matter what role he may play on and off the stage. Through the MD Theatre Guide, he brings awareness to the areas up-and-coming performing arts productions.
- Concert Review: ‘Mandy Patinkin in Concert: Being Alive’ at The Music Center at Strathmore
- Theatre Review: ‘The Lifespan of a Fact’ at The Keegan Theatre
- Theatre Review: ‘Endgame’ at Washington Stage Guild
- Theatre Review: ‘46 Plays for America’s First Ladies’ at NextStop Theatre Company
- Theatre Review: ‘High School Coven’ at Strand Theater Company