About the author
Mark Beachy is the founder and publisher emeritus of the MD Theatre Guide. Before starting the MD Theatre Guide, Beachy was a theatre professional. On stage, film, and TV, he enjoyed a career in acting, singing, dancing, violin, figure skating, and even magic. Behind the scenes, Beachy has been a producer, director, choreographer, and an award-winning playwright/composer of seven musicals, including most notably, "'Bout Baltimore," winner of the 1997 Pumpkin Theatre and ABC News Channel 2 Baltimore Bicentennial Playwriting Contest. His true passion lies with the performing arts, no matter what role he may play on and off the stage. Through the MD Theatre Guide, he brings awareness to the areas up-and-coming performing arts productions.
- News: Kensington Arts Theatre Announces 20th Anniversary Season
- News: The International Association of Blacks in Dance Announces 2021 INFLUENCERS Cohort
- News: Rockville Little Theatre Announces 74th Season at the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre
- Dance Review: ‘Dance Around the World’ at Olney Theatre Center
- Theatre Review: ‘Judgement Day’ Benefiting the Barrington Stage Company (Streaming)